A Bit of Sunshine
Here are the official rules:
Acknowledge the nominating blogger. Share 11 random facts about yourself. Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you. List 11 bloggers. They should be bloggers you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love! Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. (You cannot nominate the blogger who nominated you.)
I nominate these bloggers because I’ve missed their stories. Maybe this will be the nudge to start putting words in the post box again! (I’ve alphabetized you so there is no favoritism!)
- Mary Helen
- Ruth (The Other Ruth)
- Tammy (This is a private blog. Tammy still gets nudged, but I added her as a “12” since only five people in the world have access to her blog!)
There are many of you who add sunshine to my life and I appreciate your regular blog posts. Will you help me nudge the above list of writers to keep clacking out words? They each have remarkable stories. I know, because I watch them live their stories in real life.
- What is your favorite office supply?
- If I were to make something in my kitchen for you, what would you want it to be?
- What makes you feel loved?
- If you were a piece of chewing gum, where would you want to be stuck? (Special thanks to Brit Montgomery, third grade teacher, for this little gem of a question.)
- What is your least favorite chore around the house?
- What’s your favorite kind of exercise?
- What do you collect (or wish you collected)?
- What’s one of your favorite posts YOU’VE written? Please share the link.
- What’s your favorite quote?
- What are three words to describe you as a teenager?
- What are three words to describe your life right now?
- I like to nudge people to write.
- I’m scared to write sometimes.
- I have several notebooks for my writing work. There is a(n)
- Faith notebook
- Classroom writer’s notebook I use alongside students
- Professional writing notebook
- Reflective notebook I use to track my feelings and productivity as a writer
- Adoption notebook
- I love (lovelovelove) Flair pens. Deb Day says she has a brown one, but I’ve yet to be lucky enough to find one.
- In the Power of Habit, Duhigg says you should have a cue to move yourself into a habit. My writing cue is to open my computer.
- I wake up between 4:00 – 4:30 on most school days to have time to think and reflect before the day begins. I sleep in on weekends until 5:00.
- I usually write between 7:30 – 10:30 on most days.
- Sometimes I don’t like writing. I do it anyway.
- When I exercise, the words flow better.
- Sometimes I don’t know what I’m supposed to write until I write it. This is typical for me.
- I love that my kids are writers. The apples don’t fall far from the tree.
|Sunshine Questions from Claire|
|Sunshine Questions from Robin|
|Sunshine Questions from Terje|
Let's Be Email Pals!
Teaching writers doesn't have to drown us.
Enter your information to receive my free eBook, plus weekly tips and encouragement for teaching writers.