a pause for happiness (soLs)
I was reading Ocean in a Saucer by Laura Resau and found the inspiration for today’s slice.
|From Laura Resau at Ocean in a Saucer. Click on the image to
go to Laura’s post.
I hunkered down last weekend. We escaped to visit Andy’s mom, and I didn’t blog or email or scrapbook or draft or work on my keynote or even open my computer. Usually when I avoid the computer it is because I’m feeling overwhelmed and stressed. I’ve been wondering what I’m stressed about, and then I came across Laura’s post. I realized maybe I’m not avoiding work, maybe I’m simply pausing and being happy.
Here’s a little list of “pauses” —
- Eating Mother’s Day lunch outside on the patio with just the kids.
- Going for an hour-plus walk in the early morning sunshine.
- Shopping with the girls — Hannah, Stephanie, Karianne, and Carolyn (Andy’s mom) — and buying summer clothes and prom shoes.
- Shiny grey toenails. (I’m totally not feeling guilty for getting a pedicure with Karianne.)
- Filling a new notebook and stretching myself in this work. Focusing on things other than character — setting and conflict and objects — and enjoying the the way a story can unfold.
|Join us at Two Writing Teachers for
Slice of Life Tuesday. Just click on the image.