1400 miles in 81 hours
I love to think of Thanksgiving and Christmas rolled into one big holiday season of gratitude and merriment and exceptionally good stuff. I love to slow down during this time of the year. Not that I actually get to slow down, but I adjust my mindset in order to slow down. However, this year the season has started off as a whirlwind and I’m trying to figure out how to s l o w d o w n my favorite time of the year.
- Drove 1400 miles.
- Climbed around in the Ozarks.
- Explored caves.
- Ate Thanksgiving dinner with family we haven’t seen for over four years.
- Drove Scenic Highway 7.
- Jammed in Hard Rock Cafe St. Louis.
- Rooted for the Blues in Scottrade Center.
- Went to the tippy-top of the Arch.
- Tooled around the Museum of Western Expansion.
- Checked out Busch Stadium.
- Read two YA books.
- Swam with three kids in an Olympic size swimming pool.
- Wrote a few words (but not enough).
- Snapped over 300 photos.
- Taught high school Sunday School.
- Decorated for Christmas.
- Made my favorite stew.
- Watched 2nd grade basketball.
- Decorated more for Christmas.
- Packed bags for school.
- Made lunches.
- Tackled 6 loads of laundry.
- Read Christmas books at bedtime.
- Decorated even more.
- Finally watched my favorite show from last week.
Let's Be Email Pals!
Teaching writers doesn't have to drown us.
Enter your information to receive my free eBook, plus weekly tips and encouragement for teaching writers.