letting go of summer (soLs)
Last week my good friend and colleague, Deb Gaby, said in order to fully embrace a new school year, we must first let go of summer. This idea has been tumbling around in my mind. It’s true. We do have to let go of summer. And like so many changes in life it doesn’t matter if we are ready or not. What matters is that we let go and carry on.
Here are some letting go of summer slices:
- A pot of chili and warm bread with butter.
- Packing lunch at 10:13 pm.
- Phone calls in the middle of the day to Andy.
- Blogging after kids are in bed (instead of before they get up).
- Alarm set for 4:45 am.
- A cinnamon scent candle burning on the counter.
- Slow cooker out on the counter.
- Ironing clothes for the week ahead.
- “Clothes people” on the kids’ floors.
- Dinner on the table at 5:15 pm.
- That little routine of dinner, family time, baths, books, bed.
|Christi Overman has the Keep Calm and Carry a Wand in her classroom.
Just one more reason why she is one of the coolest
teachers I know.