CELEBRATE This Week: XXXVII
I’m glad you are here to celebrate! Share a link to your blog post below and/or use #celebratelu to share celebrations on Twitter.
- Getting spoiled at the Choice Literacy Writing Retreat. I can’t even put words to what it is like to have time and space to write, while being surrounded by other writers who just understand the process and the work and field of education.
- I’m turning 37. In all of the excitement I think only my parental units remembered!
- Hannah’s 4-H project — an adorable dress for her doll — is complete. Hannah says she’s never going to sew another stitch in her life. We’ll see.
- Ball tourneys start today. This is bittersweet. We love baseball and softball, but will also love reclaiming our afternoons and evenings.
- I love the way Sam always finds fun. Here are two shots from Friday that capture his playfulness. Someone promise me he won’t outgrow this.
|“Let’s take a selfie while we wait, Mom.”|
“I love it when you spray me with shivery cold hose water! Do it again!”
Let's Be Email Pals!
Teaching writers doesn't have to drown us.
Enter your information to receive my free eBook, plus weekly tips and encouragement for teaching writers.
Congratulations to the whole family!
Congratulations!!! What a celebration for you and your family!!!
So glad you shared this fantastic family celebration! Hannah's 4-H project – wonderful memories evoked by those words. There's fodder there for summer slicing!
Ruth, I don't see the link up this morning, so I'm posting my link here in comments: http://1gratefulteacher.blogspot.com/2014/06/ahhh.html
How absolutely wonderful!! The BEST reason to celebrate!
Oh and here's my link-up.http://thelatebloomersbookblog.blogspot.com/2014/06/celebrate-this-week-june-28-2014.html
Rejoicing with your family over the official recognition of what has already happened in your hearts. Hurrah!
(Happy 37th, too! 🙂
Family forever is the BEST celebration of all times! BTW, happy birthday too. I hope life settles down for a few weeks and you can savor the joy of all around you.
So happy for you and your family!
Congratulations on the adoption being official! Also, Happy Birthday! It sounds like you have a lot of celebrating to do. Have a great week!
Congratulations to the Ayres family! Woo Hoo! And happy birthday! May all the gifts you bring to all of us come back to bless you richly in this coming year!
YAY for your entire family!! Such a great thing to celebrate this week.
Sweet Writing Life
Mrs. Laffin's Laughings
Happy celebrations to all of you!
A huge congratulations and a big happy birthday to you.
Beautiful family! I'm glad you've been blessed…
Ruth – congratulations to your family! This is the best of best celebrations!
Wow! Congratulations on Jordan's adoption!!! And Happy Birthday! I wrote about the writing retreat today, too. 🙂
Wow! Congrats on Jordan's adoption and happy birthday! I wrote about the retreat, too. 🙂
Happy, happy week! Congratulations on a final, official step for your forever family! And Happy Birthday to you–I love that your parents always remember to celebrate you, even when life becomes filled with other reasons to celebrate. You deserve to be celebrated!
What a wonderful week! I'm extremely happy for you and I don't even know you other than your blog. Yay!
God is so good
God is so good
God is so good
He's so good to [you]
…a favorite chorus since I was a little girl…
Congrats on your adoption. What a joyous week.