350 pounds (soLs)
In the past few days, we have processed 350 pounds of tomatoes. My friend Tricia and I made spaghetti sauce, tomato juice, crushed tomatoes, and salsa with 200 pounds of them. The girls and I have made spaghetti sauce with the remaining 150 pounds.
- The girls wash the tomatoes, while I peel and chunk the onions.
- I smash the garlic cloves, and they peel them.
- I chop the red peppers in half while they clean them.
- Then we chunk the peppers.
- Stephanie takes the bowls of peppers, onions, and garlic to the other end of the kitchen. She sets up the blender.
- I core the tomatoes.
- Hannah quarters them.
- Steph runs everything through the blender and dumps it into the giant, 20 quart stock pot.
- Sam builds a train track around the kitchen and makes us laugh with his witty jokes.
|Join us at Two Writing Teachers,
by sharing a slice or reading others.
Just click the image.