350 pounds (soLs)
In the past few days, we have processed 350 pounds of tomatoes. My friend Tricia and I made spaghetti sauce, tomato juice, crushed tomatoes, and salsa with 200 pounds of them. The girls and I have made spaghetti sauce with the remaining 150 pounds.
- The girls wash the tomatoes, while I peel and chunk the onions.
- I smash the garlic cloves, and they peel them.
- I chop the red peppers in half while they clean them.
- Then we chunk the peppers.
- Stephanie takes the bowls of peppers, onions, and garlic to the other end of the kitchen. She sets up the blender.
- I core the tomatoes.
- Hannah quarters them.
- Steph runs everything through the blender and dumps it into the giant, 20 quart stock pot.
- Sam builds a train track around the kitchen and makes us laugh with his witty jokes.
|Join us at Two Writing Teachers,
by sharing a slice or reading others.
Just click the image.
Let's Be Email Pals!
Teaching writers doesn't have to drown us.
Enter your information to receive my free eBook, plus weekly tips and encouragement for teaching writers.