Until yesterday, I never really thought about the goals I have as a writer. I know this seems a little strange (at least to me) considering I started this blog to document my writing life. I do have goals (and they are different than pipe dreams), but I’ve never really stated them in black and white. Regardless, I seem to stay committed to them, but it still seems worthwhile to write them down.
- Write 1000 words every day.
- Keep a writer’s notebook alongside students.
- Keep a writer’s notebook for my YA fiction work.
- Meet monthly with my writing group.
- Keep writing on my current YA WIP– don’t lose faith.
- Complete my current professional book, Celebrating Writers.
- Collect ideas, stories, and images for another professional book.
- Document the stories of my everyday, ordinary life with words + image.
- Revise my first novel to increase the tension in the first half.
- Revise my query letter and continue my agent search.
Let's Be Email Pals!
Teaching writers doesn't have to drown us.
Enter your information to receive my free eBook, plus weekly tips and encouragement for teaching writers.