Until yesterday, I never really thought about the goals I have as a writer. I know this seems a little strange (at least to me) considering I started this blog to document my writing life. I do have goals (and they are different than pipe dreams), but I’ve never really stated them in black and white. Regardless, I seem to stay committed to them, but it still seems worthwhile to write them down.
- Write 1000 words every day.
- Keep a writer’s notebook alongside students.
- Keep a writer’s notebook for my YA fiction work.
- Meet monthly with my writing group.
- Keep writing on my current YA WIP– don’t lose faith.
- Complete my current professional book, Celebrating Writers.
- Collect ideas, stories, and images for another professional book.
- Document the stories of my everyday, ordinary life with words + image.
- Revise my first novel to increase the tension in the first half.
- Revise my query letter and continue my agent search.