i am so blessed.
In the past two weeks I know people who have been having a hard time.
- A mother was checked into a behavioral health hospital because life is too overwhelming for her.
- A marriage is unraveling.
- A home was broken into, valuables stolen.
- A man was diagnosed with cancer and will have surgery.
- A child had seizures and the doctors don’t know why or if it will happen again.
- A high school senior’s boyfriend cheated on her. She was the last to know.
- A son went to jail.
- A single mom lost her electricity.
- A father died.
- Returning homework to the backpack as soon as it’s finished (not when I find it on the counter while cleaning up dinner).
- Exercising at 9:00 pm.
- People misunderstanding what I say or do — or the silliest of all — my expressions or gestures during a meeting or conversation.
- Finding time to respond to email.
- A flopped dessert.
- Getting up the next morning after staying up reading or scrapbooking or writing.
- Organizing and putting away the massive amount of books filling our house.
- Putting laundry in the washer, then the drier, then the closets.
- Keeping up with the teachers who are excited about working together in writing workshop.
Let's Be Email Pals!
Teaching writers doesn't have to drown us.
Enter your information to receive my free eBook, plus weekly tips and encouragement for teaching writers.