i am so blessed.
In the past two weeks I know people who have been having a hard time.
- A mother was checked into a behavioral health hospital because life is too overwhelming for her.
- A marriage is unraveling.
- A home was broken into, valuables stolen.
- A man was diagnosed with cancer and will have surgery.
- A child had seizures and the doctors don’t know why or if it will happen again.
- A high school senior’s boyfriend cheated on her. She was the last to know.
- A son went to jail.
- A single mom lost her electricity.
- A father died.
- Returning homework to the backpack as soon as it’s finished (not when I find it on the counter while cleaning up dinner).
- Exercising at 9:00 pm.
- People misunderstanding what I say or do — or the silliest of all — my expressions or gestures during a meeting or conversation.
- Finding time to respond to email.
- A flopped dessert.
- Getting up the next morning after staying up reading or scrapbooking or writing.
- Organizing and putting away the massive amount of books filling our house.
- Putting laundry in the washer, then the drier, then the closets.
- Keeping up with the teachers who are excited about working together in writing workshop.