My One Little Word (OLW) for 2011 is connect. It is everything my OLW needed to be. It would challenge me and encourage me. It touches on all parts of my life and is so simple, yet rich and vibrant too. It’s been six months since I started living with this word. Here is what I’m learning:
- I have to slow down in order to connect.
- It is not enough to have good intentions — to think about sending a card; to remember a birthday ahead of time, but not on the day; to get a gift, but not give it — I have to follow through in order to connect.
- I connect when I’m intentional. I have to think about it minute-by-minute throughout the day and then look for opportunities to connect.
- Sometimes it is easier to connect than others.
- One of my favorite ways to connect to others is by offering encouragement.
- I’m learning to connect in all aspects of my life as a: mother, wife, teacher, learner, writer, reader, artist, friend, daughter, sister, on and on and on.
Let's Be Email Pals!
Teaching writers doesn't have to drown us.
Enter your information to receive my free eBook, plus weekly tips and encouragement for teaching writers.