CELEBRATE This Week: XXII
I’m glad you are here to celebrate! For more information, check out the CELEBRATE This Week page. Please use #celebratelu to share.
A short list…
- Michigan Reading Association annual conference is happening right now. I’m loving the #MRA14 tweets. Make sure to follow (and join) the conversation!
- Sam’s first Pinewood Derby race is today. I can’t wait to see how his sparkly blue car holds up in the race. He has especially enjoyed using the Dremel tool.
- Steph won their last basketball game of the season, clenching an undefeated record.
- Hannah competed in a band concert. She is happy to have returned to the clarinet section after a short stint in the trombone section (where she would sit close to a cute boy). Andy and I are happy she has learned an important lesson: A cute boy is never-not-ever a good basis for making a decision.
- I started playing the guitar this week. I never thought I’d be so excited about getting calluses!
Can’t wait to read your celebrations! Link-up below. document.write(”);
Let's Be Email Pals!
Teaching writers doesn't have to drown us.
Enter your information to receive my free eBook, plus weekly tips and encouragement for teaching writers.
Hurrah for it all, but especially those calluses. I bet you will love it, Ruth. Hope all goes great with the Pinewood Derby-fun to do. Sounds like a nice week. Thanks for reminding about the tweets-I'll keep an eye out!
Oh, playing guitar is on my list of things to do someday! That's awesome!! Congrats on the concert performance & basketball game & pinewood derby! Sounds like lots of fun!! 🙂 Enjoy the MRA! 🙂
Love that you are learning to the play the guitar –it is good to take time to learn something just for the joy of it! Thanks for this weekly celebration.
Clare and Tammy
Congrats to all the kids on their accomplishments this week! And you, learning to play guitar! I love it. What a fun thing to do for yourself!
You must be so proud of your kiddos! Good luck with the pinewood derby…glad you are picking up the guitar. I learned a long time ago but did not continue to play and never got past learned a few chords…
Ruth, I love how thru your posts, you always put your family first. I've enjoyed reading about how you're a mom first, learner after. Although we all learn from our kids too 🙂
What a good lesson Hannah learned. It sounds like you had a busy work with the basketball game, the derby, and the band competition. Good luck with your guitar playing!
Good for you for learning to play the guitar. Sounds like a great week!
Fun celebratory moments this week! Have fun at the MRA!
So cool to be learning an instrument! I am also enjoying the tweets from MRA. Lots to learn.
My husband is now teaching guitar (and art) at his high school and he has started to teach our daughter. Love listening to the two of them. Good for you!
I wish I was at the MRA conference! It's great, I'm sure! I've always wanted to play guitar!
I know for a fact that there are two examples that do not apply to #4. Can you guess who they are…..my son in law and your Dad!
Congrats to you all on your accomplishments this week! So much to celebrate! Enjoy the guitar. My husband occasionally will pick his up, and well, let's just say he still need a lot of practice. Here's some advice: Don't play an instrumental song and then ask others to guess the title. 🙂