- Pray. I ask for protection against negative thoughts. I ask to know the truth and see myself for who I really am.
- Exercise. There are all kinds of good things that come from moving your body. Endorphins are one and they make you feel positive and happy.
- Slow Down. When I’m in a hurry, I’m grumpy. And I miss too many good things. I’m intentional about leaving time and space in my day. Somehow I accomplish more by slowing down. I’m not sure how it works, but I’ll take it!
- Hug. Recently I heard on the radio about a study that listed the number one mood booster for men and women are hugs. The new question around our house is, “Do you need a mood booster?”
- Say No to TV. Not totally, but a little. When I spend my time doing something else (like cooking or writing) I always feel happier.
The thing about this list is all of these things are free. I think the world likes to tell us that we can find happiness by doing this thing or getting that thing. I don’t believe happiness has to do with anything I have or can get.
Let's Be Email Pals!
Teaching writers doesn't have to drown us.
Enter your information to receive my free eBook, plus weekly tips and encouragement for teaching writers.