- Pray. I ask for protection against negative thoughts. I ask to know the truth and see myself for who I really am.
- Exercise. There are all kinds of good things that come from moving your body. Endorphins are one and they make you feel positive and happy.
- Slow Down. When I’m in a hurry, I’m grumpy. And I miss too many good things. I’m intentional about leaving time and space in my day. Somehow I accomplish more by slowing down. I’m not sure how it works, but I’ll take it!
- Hug. Recently I heard on the radio about a study that listed the number one mood booster for men and women are hugs. The new question around our house is, “Do you need a mood booster?”
- Say No to TV. Not totally, but a little. When I spend my time doing something else (like cooking or writing) I always feel happier.
The thing about this list is all of these things are free. I think the world likes to tell us that we can find happiness by doing this thing or getting that thing. I don’t believe happiness has to do with anything I have or can get.