It’s the little things that matter. I’m realizing this is true when it comes to being an instructional coach. It is through small acts that great strides are made.
In the past week, I think these have been some of my most significant acts as an instructional coach:
- Bringing a cup of coffee to a teacher who was having a rough morning.
- Reading a book in a classroom I’ve never been invited into before today. (It’s been a decade since I’ve started this position.)
- Listening to someone tell a story about a daughter and a dog.
- Leaving a note and a book in a mailbox.
- Sharing a link to a blog post.
- Giving a hug.
- Gathering a basket of books to launch a unit of study.
- Sharing a Pinterest image.
- Giving a writing notebook.
- Drafting a survey for a principal.